Over 50 years of experience. Cutting-edge technologies and industry-leading capabilities in the design and production of a wide range of aluminum and magnesium castings.
To create value for our partners, Avio Aero invests in the future with a focus on concurrent engineering, co-design and process simulation to exceed customer expectations.
- Gravity precision sand casting: aluminum and magnesium alloys
- Low turbulence casting: large and complex aluminum alloy castings with high quality requirements
- Differential pressure casting: complex casting with highly reactive magnesium alloys
- Process simulation
- Tool concept definition, design and construction
- Fast sample production with rapid prototyping technology
Located in Borgaretto (Turin, Italy) close to the gearbox machining and assembly facilities, the foundry is completely integrated into our supply chain. Committed to research and product quality staying always at the leading edge of technology. The forging process uses Aluminum A357 Be free (Fe<0.1%), A357, A356, C355 and Magnesium RZ5, QE22, WE43 and Elektron 21.
Proud to work with GE Aviation, Alenia Aermacchi, Rolls-Royce, Pratt&Whitney, Eurojet, Hispano Suiza, Agusta, Alstom, Eurocopter, Techspace, Eurojet and Europrop International on best-in-class solutions such as GEnx-2B, LM2500, T700, LM6000, CF6, TP400, AS365, BR710, EJ200, Amad Eurofighter, Trent900, SaM146, V2500, PW800, PW1100, PW1500, PW4000, EC175 and hydraulic systems and oil systems.